Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Grammar Sprinkles: Present tense (Type I)

Today's handout is a short note on the present tense of verbs belonging to Type I.

www.greek4kids.eu/Greek4Kids/GrammarSprinkles/VerbIPresent.pdf


Type 1 verbs are the most common verbs in the Greek language.

In Greek, there is a different ending for each person. You see the endings on the right hand side of the table, after the dash. The first part, the theme of the verb, stays the same and by changing the ending you can refer to I, you, he/she/it, us, you, they (personal pronouns). If you need to refresh the personal pronouns, visit our handout on the pronouns.

There could be any noun in place of each pronoun.

For example:
Εγώ και οι φίλοι μου παίζουμε ποδόσφαιρο. Εμείς παίζουμε ποδόσφαιρο.
My friends and I play football. We play football. 

You can also find other common verbs which follow the same conjugation (Type I). All in a short colourful handout!

The handout is also available in English.

Do you enjoy our free worksheets? Help others find our material by liking our Facebook page Greek4Kids and registering on our blog and website.


No comments:

Post a Comment